Quote of the Week

"I assure you that if you have to wait even until the next life to be blessed with a choice companion, God will surely compensate you."
President Ezra T. Benson, To the Single Adult Sisters of the Church, 1988.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas to Singles Everywhere

Time for the annual flogging. The reminder that if you aren't married or with someone for the holidays you will be miserable. I say, time to set things straight.

     Think Santa will be impressed enough with my dancing to send me a man for Christmas? Here's hoping!
    
      Well, my little apartment is all cozy and decorated for Christmas. Tomorrow I'm going over to bake up a storm with my Mom and sister Mary-fudge, cookies, bread, the works, yum! I find keeping busy and treating myself to a few fun outings to celebrate the season, like going downtown to see the Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performance keeps my spirits up. Other years I take myself to Ballet West's Nutcracker. I'll do that next year. Serving others in my family is also a good Christmas activity to help stay busy and keep my mind off being lonely during the holiday. Like today...

      Today was my nephew's 5th birthday. I stopped by to drop off his gift and read him a few stories before hearing his prayers and helping Mary and Aaron tuck him into bed and kiss him goodnight. I may not be a mother but I sure am grateful to be allowed to participate when I can. Calvin hugged me so tight it took some prodding to get him to let go and put him to bed. I like being someone's favorite aunt. What more do I need to have a Merry Christmas?
So, go find something fun to do, even if you have to go alone. Go find someone to serve, take cookies. Or, if you're like me and getting really desperate, go find a Santa to dance with.
Merry Christmas and God bless us (singles), every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment