Quote of the Week

"I assure you that if you have to wait even until the next life to be blessed with a choice companion, God will surely compensate you."
President Ezra T. Benson, To the Single Adult Sisters of the Church, 1988.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Paddy's Day










Meet my new nephew, Charles Kay Williams, just over two weeks old today. My thanks to sister Mary for letting me get a photo with him and not freaking out about posting it online.
I had the opportunity to babysit him last week while Mary took Calvin to preschool before heading to a doctor's appointment. He was just so sweet to rock and cuddle and burp while his blue eyes stared in newborn wonder at this strange woman cooing down at him.
I hung out at their house for a good part of the afternoon, spending time with my two favorite nephews.
Forget the dirty looks I'm about to get from all the Betty Friedan's out there, life on planet earth just doesn't get any better than this. If I could have my wish I'd gladly give up living the Virginia Woolf dream-having a room of my own and a modest income a year in order to create and write. I'd rather be mommyblogging and, since it's St. Patrick's Day, married to this guy:
Too bad he's alrady taken!
May the luck of Irish grant the deepest desires of all the single, unmarrieds like me out there.
Next post: celebrating my ten year anniversary as a U2 fan

No comments:

Post a Comment